Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shelf


This is a picture of a book shelf in my living room. I like taking pictures like this because I think it tells a story. It's like taking a picture of someone's desk. It says a lot about them. This particular shelf includes a picture of mom my that she gave all of us one Christmas. She sneaked away to get this great picture taken. I say sneaked because she kept it a secret. I think it's a great picture. The other picture is of Jenn, Mom and I the same Christmas. My mom said she wanted a nice picture of us. So, the minute we got off the plane that year we told her we needed to go to Walmart. Then we told her that we weren't going to take the picture unless she did it with us. Also on this shelf is a small plastic juke box that I've had for years. And there's a tin box with pictures from the Monolopy game on it. We keep small emergency candles in it. And there's a stuffed quail. Why is a stuffed quail there to clutter up the area? It was still very new when one of the dogs ripped it open. I'm sure we stuffed it up there thinking that when we get the time we'll sew up it. My guess is that it's been there over a year. At the very bottom of the picture, you can see that the next shelf contains DVDs that are stacked to the top.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Great idea! I may have to copy one day. :-)

Pupp said...

I knew it was only a matter of time before the tide turned and you were copying me instead. Ha!